Jean-Paul Baroni is partner at Alma LED and he mainly deals with extraordinary transactions, international taxation, tax M&A – IPO and real estate taxation. He has gained strong experience with VAT and indirect taxes issues.
Jean-Paul has over 30 years of experience within the tax industry and has mainly been involved in advising Italian and international clients on extraordinary transactions and corporate reorganisations as well as M&A deals. He provides a wide tax aspects advisory, from the acquisition to the sale of real estate assets, also through giving assistance to operators and investors in real estate investment funds
He has also dealt with IPO transactions with regard to tax and corporate aspects and structured finance, again from a tax point of view.
Jean-Paul has in-depth knowledge of the real estate market and has gained significant experience both in M&A activities involving the real estate sector and with real estate companies and funds.
Jean-Paul has been mentioned by International Tax Review, Finance Monthly and MF Milano Finanza as an expert in real estate taxation.
|Alma LED – Partner
|LED Taxand – Partner
|Simonelli Associati – Partner
|Ernst Young Tax – Partner
|Arthur Andersen & Co – Partner (since September 1996); from 1991 to 1996 Tax Consultant.
|Degree in Economics
|Admitted to the bar of the Certified Public Accountants
|Admitted to the Bar of Chartered Accountants
|Visiting teacher of International taxation at the SDA Bocconi from 2001 to 2005;
|Teacher at the higher educational courses;
|Member at the regulatory committee (Tax Table) of Assoimmobiliare;
|Member at the Internationalisation Committee of Monza’s OEDCEC.
He also was:
- in 2003 nominated one of the best Italian tax professionals of the year according to the international magazine “International Tax Review;
- mentioned by the international magazine “Finance Monthly” among the “Leading Advisor 100” in 2011 within the Accounting area in Italy;
- finalist in 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021, as “best Italian tax advisor within the real estate industry” during the Legalcommunity Tax Awards;
- mentioned within the Tax category in the publication “The best Lawyers and the best Corporate Law Firms 2020” published by MF Milano Finanza;
- mentioned by ITR World Tax ranking in 2022 and in 2023 among the Highly Regarded tax advisors within the real estate industry.
Italian, English, French